Tuesday, April 26, 2016

fun with letter boards


If you see me staring into space I'm probably trying to think of a quote to put on my new letter board. Have you guys seen these things around Instagram? Old fashioned felt groove letter boards with plastic letters made hip and new by LetterFolk. I kept eyeing their feed and finally had to cave and get one for myself. I can't stop playing with it.




This board is 16 x 20 inches and I got the one inch letters. The board is nice and weighty. The frame is classic aluminum on mine but they also have wood frames available. The plastic letters need to be snipped apart with scissors and they send a handy drawstring bag to keep them in.

I think a bead organizer from the craft store would be a great idea for the letters, so I can find them more quickly when inspiration strikes.

From the top: 1) unflappable Kaylee from Serenity 2) ELO, misheard lyrics. 3) See that's funny because it's an app request from a low tech letter board. 4) Might be original to me. Not sure because I need a second cup.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for making me kill so much time reading all their quotes on IG! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, Grandma G! I'm taking over Jessica's Time Waster meme. haha! :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hey, Betz, I apologize in advance for the money you will spend. :-)

      Delete
  3. LOL Love the "Can't talk.." You are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these little quotes are great!! hope you're posting them on instagram too. very very clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait...what? That's a misheard lyric? I've been singing that since the 70s!

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!